SpaySA Voucher Program
SpaySA will provide funding for routine spay/neuter services through the SpaySA Voucher Program including referral service to the Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP). The vouchers will be available to low-income residents of San Antonio and Bexar County with an emphasis on non-targeted zip codes that are not part of the current city contracted subsidized surgeries list for performing low-cost spay/neuter clinics.
This would emphasize a much-needed service to owners and their pets who have basically “fallen in between the cracks” and have difficulty paying for a full cost pet surgery but are not fortunate enough to receive a free surgery from the city.
*The SpaySA Voucher Program is subject to availability of funds. Please review eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding with our application process.
The $35 voucher (paid by pet owner) would be obtained through the SpaySA website by meeting all eligibility requirements and filling out an application. Surgeries are approved depending on availability of funding. Vouchers will be emailed or mailed to the pet owner once payment is received to SpaySA through PayPal or by check. Once payment is received, SpaySA will refer the pet owner to the provider listed below to call and schedule an appointment.
*If paying via PayPal, you will be prompted to Donate to SpaySA. Include “Voucher Application” under add special instructions to the seller. See example.
Eligibility requirements may be satisfied by providing a copy of any of the following documents: latest check stub, proof of current unemployment benefits or benefit letter, latest tax return, latest bank statement, SSI benefits, latest W-2 or 1099 from current employer, or any other reasonable supporting evidence of financial inability. These documents can be scanned and uploaded along with your application.
You do not qualify for SpaySA’s voucher program if any of the following apply:
- You do not live in a non-targeted zip code (view list of targeted zip codes)
- You do not live in San Antonio or Bexar County
- You are seeking reimbursement for costs that have already been incurred for veterinary services
SpaySA only covers spay/neuter services. Any additional charges incurred are the responsibility of the pet owner.
Our voucher program does not cover the following procedures:
- Exploratory procedures (x-rays, blood work, etc.)
- Routine testing (heartworm, hookworm, etc.)
- Dental care
- Flea & tick treatment
Voucher application process:
- See the list of city-targeted zip codes. If your zip code IS NOT listed here, you are in a non-targeted zip code. Please proceed with filling out our voucher application. If your zip code IS on the list, you are in a targeted zip code. Please contact a low-cost spay/neuter clinic in your area.
- Fill out the voucher application.
- Upload proof of low income or other proof of no income. See list of documents that can be used.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received.
- An email will be sent to the applicant with notice of approval or denial. If approved, instructions on voucher copay and how to make a spay/neuter appointment for your pet will be sent.
- Once surgery has been completed, payment for the spay/neuter surgery will be sent to SNAP.
There is no need to contact SpaySA once your pet’s surgery is complete. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
All residents may apply. Funds are subject to availability.